Padmashree College of Hospital Administration (PCHA) is committed to ensuring the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information. As part of its commitment to maintaining the privacy of its users, PCHA has developed this privacy statement to educate users about privacy issues and to inform users about specific privacy policies and guidelines employed at PCHA.
This policy is effective specifically for the Pcha.in website and domain, and any student information systems learning management systems, or student or public communications platforms utilized by the College, collectively known as the College’s Technology Service”.
- “College’s Technology Services” – include all College technologies and related forms such as the College website, mobile applications and text, surveys, referral or request for information forms, college chat boards, etc. where you may provide personal information voluntarily through the use of technology platforms and the completion of forms required for business purposes.
By visiting the Pcha.in domain and/or completing applications and forms, as applicable or using PCHA student information systems and learning management systems, and similar you are indicating acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement and conditions in use.
Additionally, by submitting a request for information form you give Padmashree College of Hospital Administration your informed consent to be contacted at the contact information provided and for the receipt of educational information via email, telephonic or SMS/text messaging services using automated technology.
For individuals located outside of the India by visiting the Pcha.in domain and/or completing applications and forms or submitting a request for information form as described above, you also provide consent for the transfer of your data, as applicable, to India.
Consent is not a required for admission or enrollment acceptance or to receive services.
Information Gathered by PCHA
By using the College’s Technology Services such as Pcha.in or PCHA student information systems and learning management systems, and similar, the College may collect Personal Information that you knowingly and voluntarily provide when completing applications and forms, including request for information or referral forms, sending emails, registering for classes or other programs or responding to surveys or questionnaires.
- “Personal Information” means any non-public information (paper or electronic) that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual. This includes account information, social security numbers, grades, and financial or health data as well as any other information that is not considered public. Also included is (a) any non-public personal information (i) a student or other third party provides in order to obtain a financial service from PCHA, (ii) about a student or other third party resulting from any transaction with PCHA involving a financial service, or (iii) otherwise obtained about a student or other third party in connection with providing a financial service to that person; and (b) personally identifiable information as defined under Indian cybersecurity laws.
When you visit the Pcha.in domain and website our web servers may generate temporary logs that may contain the following Personal Information:
- Name, contact information, and other identifiers such as geolocation data.
- The IP address from which you access our domain and website.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked to our domain and website.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our domain and website.
- The date and time you access our domain and website.
- The pages, files, documents, and links that you visit in our domain and website.
- Aggregate information collected by the college or college Official internet analytics services.
Use of Gathered Information
While PCHA has not and will not share, provide, or sell Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes the College may actively share your information to:
- Analyze, facilitate, manage and improve our services.
- Provide support and personalize experiences.
- Administer and improve admission and registration applications and financial services.
- Market and promote our programs and other services or provide other information we think may interest you.
- Secure and protect our domain and services and preventing misconduct.
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders, or any other legal requirements from government and law enforcement agencies or regulators.
- Protect and defend the legal rights of the College and protect your safety and/or the public’s safety.
The College may also share Personal Information with third parties or vendors whom the College has engaged as College Officials who help the College with marketing, advertising, or promotion.
- “College Officials” means employees of the College, including faculty and staff, as well as certain individuals such as vendors or contractors, performing work for the College under proper authorization.
PCHA also protects students’ personal identifiable information and prohibits the release of education records without students’ permission or consent.
We use unique identifiers called “Cookies” to collect anonymous non-personally identifiable information. Cookies are small pieces of code that are saved by your browser. The cookies include information about your device, browser, area code, PIN code, and IP address and are used to provide you with a more customized user experience and improve the design and functionality of our website.
We may share cookies with third Parties to better understand how you use our websites and the type of devices you use to personalize content and deliver relevant advertisements of interest to you. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our sites.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device or browser. However, you may be unable to use certain features of the PCHA website dependent on your selection. You can change your cookie settings by reviewing your internet browser’s cookie options. Typically, such information can be found under the browser’s ‘Help’, ‘Preferences’ or ‘Options’ menus.
External Third-Party Content
Some pages within the Pcha.in domain may contain content that is served from external third parties. Please be aware that when you visit pages that contain external third-party content, information such as your IP address, date, browser, and requested page are transmitted from your computer to that third party. PCHA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these external third parties and such links are not intended to be an endorsement of those sites nor their content.
Sites within PCHA may enable you to pay for products or services online with a credit card. Although PCHA makes every effort to ensure that the third parties providing these transactions are encrypted, PCHA is not responsible for the privacy practices of these external third parties.
Although no computer system is 100% secure, PCHA has deployed extensive security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information collected through the Colleges’ services and under our control. PCHA maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with necessary standards to guard your nonpublic Personal Information. We continually review our policy and practices, monitor our computer networks, and independently test the strength of our security to help us ensure the safety of Confidential Information. These security measures and our systems are routinely audited and updated by PCHA security specialists.
General Data Protection
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed by service providers using cloud technology, and you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including India, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information
The College may receive your Personal Information when you visit the College’s websites, apply for or take online courses or programs, voluntarily communicate with the College or request or services, or otherwise interact with the College.
And the Personal Information is provided to the College:
- During the course of application and enrolment into the College or College’s programs;
- While you are enrolled in the College programs;
- While you are participating in College activities or surveys;
- While you are communicating with College services.
- As part of the admissions process to evaluate applications. We also may obtain Personal Information from third parties, such as other schools, references, employers, and education as part of an application submission.
- As part of the program or course registration and scheduling process.
- To communicate College activities, messages, and special events.
Right of access
You have the right to request that the College confirm whether it is processing your Personal Information.
Right of correction
You have the right to request that the College correct any inaccurate Personal Information that it maintains about you.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of Personal Information that the College maintains about you in certain circumstances. The data collected includes Personal Information which is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Right to restrict processing of Personal Information
You have the right to request that the College restrict the processing of your Personal Information if the Personal Information is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful, or the College no longer needs the Personal Information.
Right to data portability
Where the basis for processing is either consent or performance of a contract between you and the College, and where the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your Personal Information that you have provided to the College. The College will provide the Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. Where technically feasible and upon your request, the College will transmit the Personal Information directly to another entity.
Right to withdraw consent
If the basis for processing your Personal Information is consent, you may revoke your consent at any time. Upon receipt of your notice withdrawing consent, and if there are no other legal grounds for the processing, the College will stop processing the Personal Information unless the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Revoking consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that occurred before the revocation.
Padmashree College of Hospital Administration
Padmashree Campus, Kommaghatta
Kengeri, Bangalore – 560060
A verifiable consumer request should contain your name and address or student identifier as applicable, and the specific request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Padmashree College of Hospital Administration
Padmashree Campus, Kommaghatta
Kengeri, Bangalore – 560060